This week's Beet is written in memory of Ellis Johnson. Click here and enter ellisjohson.
This week, The Weekly Beet gives voice to newborns around the world. Baby Beet goes ga-ga over the importance of growing up all-natural, sharing his tried and tested secrets to a healthy start.
For mommies and daddies around the world, Baby Beet says it's time to know the truth about what's hidden in the products you're buying for your baby. From diapers and teething rings to baby bottles and plastic toys, it seems that newborns of the millennium are crawling all over toxins. Parents, are you aware that when newborns chew on plastic toys chemical phthalates can leak exposing our bundles of joys to bundles of health problems? Or, that a newborn's skin is 5 times thinner than that of an adult's, making chemicals from lotions and shampoos much more absorbable? What about the health risks of using junk food formulas? It's time to understand there might be more than one reason why your newborn is crying! Luckily, more and more companies are listening to these cries for help, offering organic and all-natural products. On-line, organic baby stores are booming with sales skyrocketing in food, clothing, linens, bath products, diapers, and even toys. Check out Spirit of Nature and Momma's Baby. Finally, it seems that parents are catching on to the secret language of baby talk!
Baby Beet says it's time to suck a green thumb! The following is the Top 10 to becoming a healthy newborn:
- Eat organic baby food. Earth's Best IS really the best!
- Have an educated and well-fed mommy!
- Being breastfed for at least 6 to 9 months is super important! Click here for 101 reasons to breastfeed. Avoid junk food formulas. If your baby has to be given formula, there are organic cow and goat varities. Mix your own or try Metagenics, Nutramigen or Alimentum.
- Be aware of toxic plastic teething rings and baby bottles. Instead, try frozen, whole grain bagels and glass bottles.
- Buy reusable nappies & organic diapers. Don't miss out on Seventh Generation and Tushies!
- Use organic and chemical free sheets for the crib. We are fans of DK Bedding and Kushtush!
- Use all-natural baby products on skin. Babecology, Angel, and Baby Organics are good brands! Try Nature's World petroleum-free jelly!
- Always play with safe toys that do not contain plastic.
- Wear organic clothing. We love Organic Cottontail and Green Babies.
- Watch Baby Einstein to become super smart!
Baby Beet says no more tears when living a healthy life! Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week.
PS. Baby Beet washed his hair with Natracare. His socks are made from organic cotton.
PPS. Check out Tina Hedges and Beth Ann Catalano, co-presidents of twist.new.brand.venture, LLC, on Ladies Who Launch.