Neti For Your Nose!
This week, The Weekly Beet reports that we have just gotten over a head cold. I doubt we are alone, as this year has been a difficult one for the common cold and the flu. We even took the homeopathic remedy, Dolivos, that we previously told you about, but somehow still managed to come down with the sniffles. So, we decided to use something called a neti pot and had such amazing results that we just had to share it with you!!
Just as we say goodbye to flu season, we can now say hello to allergy season. If you are a sufferer of head colds, respiratory allergies, or sinus infections, you have to be in the "know" about the neti pot. Shaped like a genie's lamp, these little gadgets are the coolest things EVER!! Neti pots originated in India thousands of years ago and are still used as part of their daily hygiene. You can buy a neti pot in any health food store or yoga studio, as they are becoming more and more popular. The job of the neti pot, which contains a mixture or salt and water prepared by the user, is to wash away pollens, mucus, viruses and bacteria from the nasal passage. When your schnoz isn't squeaky clean, it can become a breeding ground for allergies and infections. The salt water is so healing to the nose you will feel like you just took a nose dive in the ocean. It's pretty unBEETable!!
Here's what we recommend when using a neti pot:
- It's best to use warm distilled or spring water.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of Sea Salt. Celtic Sea Salt is our favorite.
- Stir up the salt and let the mixture settle.
- Then, leaning over the sink with the head tilted a bit to left, close one nostril with the left hand and bring the neti pot up to the right nostril with the right hand.
- The mixture will flow into the nostril and out the other.
- Don't forget to breathe out of your mouth!
- Do this a few times a day until sniffles and sinus pain are gone.
Click here to read more about how to use the neti pot.
Hope you like the neti pot!! We can't say your dreams will come true, but we can promise that your sniffles will be a thing of the past!
Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week!
PS. Like the necklace?? It's Balboa of course!!!! Also, check out Jen Klair, Founder of Jen Klair Kids, Inc. at Ladies Who Launch.