The Weekly Beet goes pink to keep you abreast with the alternatives to preventing and healing breast cancer. Mary Kent shares with you the Top 20 Do's and Don'ts when it comes to breast cancer, while sporting Polo's Pink Awareness Pony tee.
Today, breast cancer is the second leading cancer killer among women! Astonishingly, despite millions being spent on research, 180,000 newly diagnosed cases occur each year in the United States. Luckily, through national awareness, regular check-ups, self-exams, and recent knowledge of alternative therapies to treating breast cancer, women now have a greater chance of surviving. However, with all the heightened awareness, the lingering question remains: why isn't research addressing the root cause of breast cancer? Isn't that really how a disease should be cured? Did you know that Hormone Replacement Therapy isn't the only cause of breast cancer? Obesity, alcohol intake, exposure to environmental toxins and household products containing harsh chemicals, and even cosmetics are also underlying triggers of breast cancer! More recently, scientists have also linked a diet rich in saturated fats, red meat, and cow's milk to breast cancer.
Despite millions of dollars being spent on breast cancer "awareness", why are so many women still unaware of such life-saving information and the alternatives available to healing breast cancer? It is because there are very few physicians like Dr. John Lee, the courageous pioneer who exposed the truth on Hormone Replacement Therapy, who have stood up against modern, mainstream medicine. In his book, What Your Doctor Didn't Tell You About Breast Cancer, Dr. Lee reveals that physicians are required to follow a certain standard of care and that the breast cancer industry is a big money-making business. This means that most physicians are not educated on the alternatives to healing cancer and are quick to go down the chemotherapy route, seldomly investigating the cancer's origins. Dr. Lee, in fact, believes that chemotherapy is “an attempt to poison the body just short of death in the hope of killing the cancer before the entire body is killed. Common sense tell us that administering a drug that makes hair fall out, induces vomiting, and wrecks the entire immune system could not possibly prolong the life of any body. The success of chemotherapy has also been questioned by Dr. Ralph Moss, author of Questioning Chemotherapy. However, in some circumstances chemotherapy is the best treatment, but one should always know that seeking alternative therapies along side such treatments can only help. Click here to read an excerpt of Dr. Lee's unBEETable book!
Luckily, hospitals like Memorial Sloan Kettering are incorporating alternative therapies into their cancer treatment. Now, that's what we call unBEETable! Here are the Top 20 Do's and Don'ts that just may bring you the alternative awareness needed:
- Do educate yourself on Hormone Replacement Therapy. Learn the benefits of natural Progesterone cream.
- Do buy a good visual imagery and guided meditation CD. Visualizing pure health is essential
- Do eat tons of organic raw fruits and veggies into your diet!
Invest in a juicer!
- Do take an Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplement.
- Do add maitake mushrooms to your diet. There is alot to learn from the Chinese about healing breast cancer.
- Do learn about Essiac. The tea can be found at health food stores. Drink green tea!
- Do use all natural laundry detergents.
- Do exercise. Walking, yoga, t'ai chi are great forms of exercise.
- Do research! Buy Dr. John Lee's book, A Woman's Guide to Healing From Breast Cancer by Nan Lu, OMD, LAc, Questioning Chemotherapy by Dr. Ralph Moss, and The Ph Miracle. Learn about alkalining foods.
- Do go Tox-less. Harmful household toxins have been proven to cause cancer.
- Don't use anti-perspirants. Go for deodorant or something all-natural. Check the label. Even some make-up has toxins.
- Don't wear a bra all the time.
- Don't eat dairy or red meat.
- Don't get near fertilizers or pesticides. Buy
- Don't use hair dyes, as they have been linked with breast cancer.
- Don't get near EMFs (electromagnetic fields) emitted by electrical devices such as microwaves, household applicances, & computers.
- Don't eat sugar and junk food.
- Don't smoke.
- Don't use birth control.
- Don't drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
Stay abreast when it comes to breast cancer. Educating yourself on the alternatives is super important. Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week.
PS. Check out Barbara Taylor Bradford, bestselling author, on Ladies Who Launch.
PSS. Mary Kent is wearing Pink Pony Polo Ts in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. Special thanks to Polo for the donation.
"It's time for oncologists to look beyond radiation and chemotherapy, and for research facilities to take risks, think outside the dots, and make healing more important than the financial bottom line."
- Dr. John R. Lee, MD
"The Weekly Beet is simply exciting! Never before has Alternative Medicine been researched and presented in such an 'upbeet' way."
- Dr. Andrew Weil